If you’re new to the scene, then chances are that you’re wondering if everything you have ever read about casinos is true.
There are theories such as “dealers can affect the outcome of a game”, “casino games are pure luck” and “casino bonuses aren’t real”, among others.
Well, these are all myths. Dealers do not affect the outcome of games, casino games need way more than luck – they require experience and knowledge – and there are indeed many free casino bonuses.
There are two types of casino:
- The physical casino where you can walk in and have a great time, and
- The online casino that you can log in to on your mobile device and enjoy without having to leave the comfort of your home.
If you have ever played in either casino and wondered if a casino bonus is real and can come at no charge, then the answer is yes! Casino bonuses aren’t just real – a number of them are completely free. You can win these bonuses at the casino, and either use them to play again or cash out real money.
Free casino bonuses are rewards offered as gifts primarily on registration or sign-up, or are loyalty induced; casinos give these free bonuses without any form of deposit. They are provided to play games or cash out, depending on the type.
Casino bonuses are presented in many ways, and we are going to run through some of them.
- Welcome bonus: This is the most familiar type of bonus, which every player is entitled to upon registration. In online casinos, a welcome bonus is known as a sign-up bonus. It needs no form of deposit and it’s free. It gives you the chance to play games without putting in your physical money, thus allowing you to test the water.
- Free spin bonuses: These bonuses are mostly given to existing customers or bettors to try new slot machines. These free spins allow you a limited number of spins that can earn you real money, without paying for any of them. Some casinos offer this to new customers too.
- Cashback and deposit bonus: The deposit bonus is a set percentage given back when you deposit into your gambling account, hence the cashback. It is not entirely free because it results from your deposit, but it is a good offer when given.
- No deposit bonus: This form of bonus is rare to come by, but when you find one, it is one of the best casino gifts. You are not required to make any deposit to receive the no deposit bonus. It can be bonus cash or free spins for slot games. The amount is pegged to a particular figure, which means you can only win a limited amount, but it allows you to play and enjoy some casino games without using your real cash.
- Loyalty bonus: Loyalty bonuses are given to long-standing casino members, and are issued to reward players for hitting a milestone in their favorite casino games. They are also given when players reach new levels in casino games, or win a challenge or mission created by the casino.
Free casino bonus terms and conditions
While winning and claiming bonuses, you should also know that these bonuses come with terms and conditions attached. In addition, there’s a different bonus for each game – bonuses don’t work for all games.
So, it will help to read and know the terms and conditions so that you are made aware of any requirements, bonus codes, time limits and intended payment forms needed to qualify for a bonus.
Failure to heed these terms and conditions mostly leads to the bonus and any winnings being rendered null and void.
Before rushing in to register and start racking up bonuses by making real money bets, bettors should be in the know of how casino bonuses work. Another thing to confirm is that the casino is a legal entity regulated by a body.
Non-sticky bonuses cannot be cashed out directly; you can only cash out what you win by betting the bonus in casino games. These bonuses are also called cashable bonuses.
There are sticky bonuses as well, and for this type of bonus, the winnings cannot be cashed out at any point. Everything you win in games by betting the given bonus remains in the house or system “for gambling purposes.”
So as a player who’s interested in turning bonuses into real cash, it would be best to avoid sticky bonuses, and instead, “stick to the non-sticky bonuses”.